Trips 'n Transport Tours
Tours and Safaris
Tours in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa.
Established in 1994, we are tour operators specialising in personalized tours for groups or families in our region : KwaZulu-Natal.
Our guides are registered with SATOUR, the governmental controlling body for tourism.
Our vehicles are comfortable and air-conditioned.
We wish to introduce a particular tour type called:
KwaZulu-Natal , some 92 100 sq. kilometres in area, extends from a sub-tropical coastal belt warmed by the Mocambique current, in a steadily rising landscape until the majestic escarpment of the Drakensberg Mountain Range defines the western border of the province. An area densely populated by a wide variety of game animals in the 19th century, the oldest game reserve in Africa was established here in 1895. The rise of the Zulu war machine under King Shaka in the 1820's has become famous and our history tours focus on the interaction of the three cultures in collision, Zulu, Dutch and English, who wove the cloth of present day KwaZulu-Natal.
Some of KwaZulu-Natal's attractions are :
- Durban and Environs : Sub-tropical garden city; the warm Indian Ocean and golden beaches; cultural variety (Hindu Temples, Muslim Mosques, Zulu dancing); shark research; crocodile and snake parks; outstanding botanical gardens.
- Pietermaritzburg : founded as a Boer settlement in 1838, it is today the provincial capital and contains numerous examples of fine Victorian architecture.
- Zululand : Anglo-Zulu and Anglo-Boer battle fields and the first Game Reserve proclaimed in Africa during 1895 (Hluhluwe/Umfolosi) where the "big five" roam (rhino, elephant, lion, leopard and buffalo).
- Drakensberg and Escarpment : Forming the western boundary of KwaZulu Natal, the mountain range boasts the highest peak and lodge in Southern Africa at 2873 metres. A four-wheel drive up Sani Pass into the mountain kingdom of Lesotho is an experience not to be missed.
Sample itinerary of a 7-day Experience KwaZulu-Natal Tour :
Transfer pax from Durban International Airport to hotel or bed and breakfast establishment.
- Day 1: City tour of Durban; lunch at the Valley of a Thousand Hills (snake and crocodile park; Zulu village and tribal dancing). Overnight in Durban.
- Day 2: To Pietermaritzburg for (easy) walking tour; lunch at Howick Waterfall (95 m); Game viewing in nearby Reserve. Overnight in Pietermaritzburg.
- Day 3: To Midlands for tour of Anglo-Zulu and Anglo-Boer Battlefields; Blood River Memorial Site; Overnight in Ladysmith.
- Day 4: To Drakensberg Mountains for 4-wheel drive ascent of Sani Pass into Lesotho; explore environs of Sani Top Lodge. Overnight in Lodge.
- Day 5: Morning at leisure at Sani Top; lunch at Lodge; return to Durban with stop at Lion Park.
- Days 6 and 7: To Zululand and Hluhluwe/Umfolosi Game Reserve (world famous for rhino conservation); overnight in Reserve; the following morning hippo and crocodile viewing on Lake St.Lucia. Depart for Durban for transfer to airport.
The cost of the above sample tour would amount to approximately US$ 150 per person per day which includes accommodation and all meals. Alcoholic beverages would be for visitors' account.
We offer personal attention and within the limits of pre-booked accommodation, complete flexibility.
E-mail or fax us for further information or quotations for specific itineraries.
Follow the "Tours" link below for a full detailed list of our tours.
Please note: Overland tours following the KwaZulu Natal Experience to other South African destinations e.g. to Cape Town via the Garden Route, world famous Kruger National Park, etc. can be arranged.
- Telephone and Fax: +27 31 3370230 (International)
- Telephone and Fax: 031 3370230 (National)
- Alt. Telephone and Fax: +27 31 838951 (International)- shortly to change to +27 31 5638951 (International)
(National: 031 838951, to change to 031 5638951)
- Cellphones: 082 452 5791 and 082 770 9379
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Snailmail: P O Box 38128, Point, KwaZulu Natal, 4069, South Africa
since 29 November 1998