The FCF began in the Denver Metro area in the early 1970's when two Christian firefighters, having a Bible study on Hebrews 10:24 and 25, saw the importance and the need for Christian firefighters to support and encourage one another in their daily walk. That Bible study led to monthly meetings of concerned and interested firefighters for the next several years.
In 1977 the Lord used a conversation between two firefighters, Captain Duncan Wilkie of the Denver, Colorado Fire Department and Ron Melott of the Portland, Oregon Fire Department, to show the need for such a fellowship on a national basis. Duncan told Ron about the fellowship group in Denver and Ron stated that this organization should be made known throughout the Fire Service. Because of that conversation and the interest shown nationally, the Denver Metro group organized the FCF, a non-profit, non-denominational organization, incorporated in Denver in 1977. The FCF got it's first national exposure at the FDIC and ISFSI conferences in Memphis, Tennessee in March of 1978. And is now a recognized entity within the Fire Service.
1. To glorify God in the fire service.
2. To find fellowship together for individual growth in their Christian life.
3.To serve the cause of Christ through the church of one's own choice. .
4. To encourage those in the Fire Service in their Christian lives.
5. To share locally in planned fellowship meetings, individual contact and prayer.
6. To bring all Christians in the Fire Service to a common goal of praying for the Fire Service and it's members.
7. To share on an international basis through an annual International Conference.
8. To have international contact with fellow Christian Firefighters.
9. To care for widows - meeting spiritual, as well as, physical needs.
10. To place racks with tracks and Bibles in the Fire Service facilities.
11. To care for firefighters and their families in times of need.
1. The Bible is the inspired Word of God inerrant in the original writings and is the supreme and final authority for our life and faith. (Sec. Tim 3:16, 17:2 Peter 1:20-21)
2. There is one God eternally existing in three persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit (First Cor 8:6, Acts 1:2).
3. Our Lord Jesus Christ is the Son of God, conceived of the Holy Spirit to Mary, a virgin. He died on the cross, the shedding of his blood was atonement for our sins. He was raised from the dead, ascended into Heaven, where he is our advocate at the Father's right hand (Heb. 10:12; Luke 1:27, 35; First Cor. 15:3, 4; John 14:2; John 2:1; First Peter 1:19).
4. That all persons are born with a sinful nature, thus separated from God. We know that all those , who by faith believe in the Lord and accepts him as personal Savior, are born again of the Holy Spirit (Romans 5:12; Eph 2:8, 9).
5. In the personal and positive return of Jesus for his church (John 14:3).
6. In the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (John 1:12; Eph. 4:3; First John 1:7).
Membership is open to Fire Service related members of any paid or volunteer fire department (active or retired), and to all who are interested in and support the objectives and purposes of the FCF.
The International FCF also has prayer chains. One for life threatening request and one for non-life threatening. The life threatening request goes out by phone and the non-threatening request now goes out on the internet(e-mail).
I am praying that a local chapter can become active with branches throughout this country. I invisage a meeting for anyone that is interested in joining or finding out more about the Fellowship of Christian Firefighters once a month in their respective chapters. To find out more information, please e-mail me
International Fellowship Of Christian Firefighters
Created on ... November 30, 2000